- Estate Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Special Needs Planning
- Elder Law
- Asset Protection
- Business Succession Planning
- Prenuptial Agreements
Kristen counsels individuals, families, and business owners, helping them understand and navigate the law. She creates plans for her clients to effectively care for their loved ones and protect and transfer their assets. Kristen's background includes civil litigation and substantial experience working with small to medium-sized businesses throughout Maryland. Her litigation and business experience is integral to assisting business owners with their succession planning needs. Kristen offers a fresh perspective and strategic counsel to a wide variety of clients.
When Kristen began working with business owners over a decade ago, she expected that the legal work would be very logical, transactional and numbers-driven. After advising her clients and observing them pour countless hours and energy into their businesses, Kristen quickly realized that these businesses embodied her clients' life works and in many instances were an integral part of the legacy they intended to leave behind. As Kristen grew to know and understand her clients on a personal level, she pivoted her focus to include estate planning to further help her clients protect and pass on what they had worked so hard to create.
Navigating the law can be daunting and confusing. Kristen is an ally to her clients, providing sound counsel and education, helping them feel not only confident and secure, but also empowered in their estate planning and business succession decisions.
Kristen is a Howard County native currently living in Sykesville with her husband and two young children.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- Honors: cum laude
- York College of PA
- Major: Business Administration
- Minor: Accounting and Management
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
Professional Associations and Committees
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association, Chair for Business and Real Property Committee
- Howard County Human Resources Society (HoCo HRS), Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Legislative Committee
- The Academy of Special Needs Planners
- The Arc of Howard County, Resource Development Committee